Standards & Compliance
Health Care providers have a fundamental obligation to ensure medical equipment (owned, loaned, on trial and donated) complies with the essential principals of safety and performance. The expert team at MES are here to help you meet your legal requirements.
The key standards governing servicing and certification of medical equipment are:
- AS/NZS 3551:2012 Management programs for medical equipment
- AS/NZS 3760:2010 In-service safety inspections and testing of electrical equipment
- AS/NZS ISO 10535: 2011 Hoists for the transfer of disabled persons – Requirements and Test methods
AS/NZS 3551:2012 applies to the following equipment:
- Hospital and rest home beds
- Hoists including mobile, standing and raising hoists, stationary hoists – and all types of patient-lifting equipment (AS/NZS ISO 10535 also applies here)
- Pressure redistribution mattress and seating systems
- Syringe and infusion pumps
- Incubators, defibrillators, ventilators and nebulisers
- Any other equipment used in a patient environment
AS/NZS 3551 requires more stringent test thresholds for medical equipment than AS/NZS 3760, which applies to domestic appliances.
AS/NZS 3551 requires medical equipment be tested and receive preventative maintenance at least annually, or more regularly where the manufacturer stipulates.
MES completes annual equipment servicing, preventative maintenance and test and tag certification for Health Care Providers throughout Bay of Plenty, Coromandel, Waikato and Taupō.
Our service technicians’ are specialists in equipment inspection, testing, preventative maintenance and repair of hospital and mobility equipment. Our robust in-house procedures ensure your equipment meets these regulatory standards and manufacturer requirements – including physical, functional and electrical testing.
We can fault find, identify and source replacement parts for you and also have loan equipment available to meet your short-term equipment needs.
Give yourself peace of mind – phone 0800 72 12 12 so we can provide safe, well-functioning equipment that meets your compliance needs. Book your annual servicing today.